Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wrap Dress

 {Project Run & Play season 4 Sew Along}

Another season of Project Run & Play is here & the second week's challenge is sportswear. As I was reading the sportswear definition I saw Diane von Furstenberg's name ~ immediately I thought of her signature look: the wrap style dress & decided that was going to be my inspiration.






This started out as a woman's white eyelet sundress. I transformed it into a sweet sleeveless, collarless wrap style dress for my 4 year old girl.

This wrap dress:
:: is from a self-drafted pattern
:: is fully lined (did some hand sewing to achieve this)
:: has 1 pleat in the front & 5 in the back
:: is non-fussy
:: is 100% cotton ~ easy to wash, easy to wear
:: has a strap that wraps around the outside of the back of the dress due to a large button hole style slit on the wearer's right side (see detail in the up close photos)
:: is ready for all the sunshine & warm temperatures expected this summer !

Be sure to check out the Project Run & Play flickr group to see all the sportswear creations.

The third week's challenge: upcycle

PS the first week's challenge was the circle skirt ~ unfortunately I didn't have time to whip something up, but I have already sewn circle skirts in the past... with a scallop edge & for the lullaby league girls in The Wizard of Oz musical performance... and I will for sure be using circle skirts in my future sewing...

PPS the Spring Kids Clothes Week Challenge is April 23-30, so I hope to pop in here a few times during that week with a few project reveals, see you then !