Tuesday, February 2, 2010

day 2 :: 2009 craft books


2009 craft books :: Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross

i'm almost positive you've already seen this book & if you haven't, you probably at least have heard about it... yes Weekend Sewing - with over 40 sewing projects & in case you didn't know 2 of the projects are free online: Quick Garden Gloves & Smocked Sundress (which is sizes 12 months to 4 years, but for woman's sizes click here).


so the story goes that my oldest son had a pair of pajama pants (that someone else sewed) & they were getting holes in them. he was begging me to sew him a new pair, so i was very pleased to find the Pajamas for Everyone pattern in Weekend Sewing. i sewed him up a pair using some Transformers fabric & you know what? they turned out too small for him... so they immediately became hand-me-downs to my second son...


here's my second son modeling them while standing on his bed.


looking at these photos i am thinking i cannot believe how tall my second son is, at 6.5 he is as tall as i was at 9.5 ! he's 3 years ahead of me & he's going to hover way over me !

anyway, i still need to sew my oldest son a pair of pajama pants ! we went to a fabric store together & he found some fabric that he really loved & the pieces are already cut out - i just need to sew them up...

see you tomorrow for day 3 !